Today, Wales Interactive and D’Avekki Studios announced a release date for The Shapeshifting Detective. The FMV game is set to arrive on November 6.
Switch owners can pre-load The Shapeshifting Detective from the eShop starting October 23. It’ll come with a 20% discount. Normal pricing is set at $12.99 / €12.99 / £9.99.
Here’s some information about The Shapeshifting Detective:
Dorota Shaw is dead. And the prime suspects are three tarot readers with the uncanny ability to predict murder – or commit it. It’s your job to find out what else they know – but they won’t reveal their dark secrets to just anyone… Luckily, you can be anyone you want to be. Even the next victim.
You play as a detective who can shapeshift into other characters, allowing you to unlock secret conversations and private encounters. Featuring more than 1600 full HD video responses, a randomly chosen murderer and guest starring Rupert Booth, Anarosa De Eizaguirre Butler (Contradiction) and Aislinn De’Ath (The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker).
– 1600+ full HD FMV videos.
– A large multi-location, multi-suspect world to explore.
– Shapeshift into nine other characters, or be yourself.
– Branching storyline and randomly chosen murderer for high replayability.
– In-game radio station featuring short dark fiction plays between visits.
– Any one of three random murderers helps to minimize spoilers.
– Shapeshift and your dialogue options are voiced by the original actors.
– Not all branching is binary. Push someone too far and discover a different reaction.
– Can’t get that vital clue yourself? Shapeshift into the Police Chief!
– Think your options are a trap? Refuse to speak to potentially unlock a hidden path.
Source: Wales Interactive PR