Doom Eternal is coming to Switch, Bethesda announced at QuakeCon today. Panic Button will be working on this version of the game, as was the case with the previous entry in the series.
Here’s a rundown of information shared during today’s presentation:
- New suit
- Super Shotgun has a grappling hook attachment called the Meat Hook
- Grapple demons like Scorpion but accelerate towards them versus pulling them to you
- Combat Shotgun has a full automatic alt fire mode
- New weapon, the Ballista, shoots explosive bolts that can pin demons
- OG style Plasma Gun is back
- DOOM SLAYER has a dash and can swing from poles a la Assassin’s Creed
- Extra life pickups?
- Invasions, take control of a demon and invade another player’s game a la Dark Souls
- Non-demonized human npcs will be present
- Multiple locations, Earth and Phobos to name two
- New glory kills and demons
- Reimagined demons from the last game and from Classic Doom
- “Destructible demons” – demons will visually start losing bits of flesh and stuff as they take damage
- idSoft are building a “DOOM universe”
- Lots of lore
And some footage:
Thanks to all who sent this in.